As you seek to improve your reviews it may be tempting to do some crazy things to improve your review volume and ratings. Here is a list of 5 things you should not do!
- Writing fake reviews for your own business.
- Paying a third party to post fake reviews, posing as a customer.
- Using review stations in your place of business. Customers must leave their own reviews using their own accounts.
- Paying a third party to post any review on behalf of anyone else.
- Getting too many reviews at once. They may trip filters at the review sites that will cause the reviews to be deleted.
- Linking to your review profiles from your website.
- Training staff with direct contact with customers to request a review from them upon completion of service.
- Use a service like SocialClime to invite customers to easily leave reviews from their smartphones.
- Requesting reviews during an after-service follow-up phone call.
- Letting your customers review your business at their review site of choice. Review diversity is good for both customers and search engines.